Do you wish you had more time to read? Have you promised yourself that you would read more this year? Do you have a stack of books collecting dust or serving as a base for your lamp?
This used to be me, until I discovered audio books… specifically, Audible’s monthly subscription. It’s only $14.99 a month and gets you one free book a month. But because I am addicted, I have purchased a few extras at 30% off! Audiobooks are expensive, so I suggest a membership if you want to get started.
BTW, this is not a sponsored post. I am genuinely addicted to listening to audiobooks. Over my entire professional career, I’ve had books that I wanted to read, but somehow convinced myself that I didn’t have the time. And, that was before I had my son. Now that I work full-time, run my blogging business full-time, and live my life as a mom and wife, my time is ever more precious.
So how did I finish 9 inspiring books for women in business in only 5 month? I listen in my car on the way to and from work every single day (on 1.5X speed!). It is very addictive; it is relaxing and almost hypnotic. It gets your mind off the traffic (no more road rage!) and it energizes your thoughts for the day, especially when I get into work. I have had many ah-ha moments that have changed the way I think and do my work. Allow yourself some time to get used to audiobooks, it’s definitely a unique way of consuming information and retaining it (that’s the hard part!).
9 inspiring books for women in business
As a blogger, marketer, and entrepreneur, I am always looking for ways to grow and nurture myself professionally and personally. Because I love sharing, here is a list of some classics, best sellers and new inspiring books that are perfect for women in business:
- Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money – That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable
- The Myth of the Nice Girl: Achieving a Career You Love Without Becoming a Person You Hate
- The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
- How to Win Friends and Influence People: A Condensation from the Book
- The Intelligent Investor
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action