I was sent these gorgeous white and rose gold ELUX Specter wireless headphones for my open and honest review. Specter is a premium wireless company based out of the US that sells headphones, earphones and other wireless speaker devices. This humble company is owned by Matt Jackson and Michael Vogt, who came together and built a business out of their passion for music. When I was first approached by them, I sort of assumed that they were a huge corporation, based on the quality of their product and professionalism. But, my heart got the warm and fuzzies when I was able to connect with the faces behind the brand.
What is the Internet of Things? According to my friend Wikipedia, it’s a proposed development of the Internet in which everyday objects have network connectivity, allowing them to send and receive data.
Is your fridge out of milk? Let me add it to your grocery list! Not sure how to clean your coffee maker? Just ask your machine! These are just some of the conveniences you could expect from the Internet of things. The scary thing is that we are almost there, it’s just that the Internet of things would be a global strategy to have everything talking to each other. I mean, we already have smartphones and smart TVs… so this would just mean that all your household appliances would also be.. well …smart!
Because this is a fashion blog, not a tech blog, I have decided to share my predictions of how the ‘Internet of Things’ could potentially affect the fashion industry:
- Cher’s closet will become the norm. It’s a brilliant idea, but why on earth is this not mainstream yet? Whether it’s automated purchases to complete a look, or styling advice based on your schedule of activities, I think getting dressed will become more digital than we think. I also saw this body measurements tool that helps you buy jeans online! Now that is pretty cool!
- Smart jewellery. Wearable technology is already a thing, I know, but I think more of it. For example, I just bought myself a gorgeous lavender and gold Fitbit Charge 2! An all-in-one accessory and watch that will track my health score all while keeping my wrist looking gorgeous. I can also get involved with an online network to keep me motivated and engaged. And what about changing colours? Michael Kors has already released a smartwatch that has an interchangeable face.
- Colour changing makeup. Remember those mood lipsticks from the dollarstore? The colours always seemed to turn into this dusty pink that would stain your lips. Well, I bet there is a fancy brand out there looking at developing a better digital lipstick that would give us a plethora of colours to choose from. Just point at a colour you like and “bam!” instant lipstick change! Have you also seen the nail polishes that change colour based on your temperature? A similar technology could be used for the lipstick I just invented.
- Colour changing clothes. Apparently, the 80’s had all of this figured out. Remember the hypercolour t shirts? Man, I wanted one so bad. I think there would be room here for digital improvements, don’t you?
- Shopaholic budgeting. Yes, I think we can use this technology for good. Maybe if we start tracking more where our money is spent or the cost-per-wear of our clothes, we will be able to make more informed decisions… and waste less! I’ll take a little budget-friendly and eco-conscious with a side of technology, please!
So maybe, my predictions aren’t super riveting, but what can you do?!
Plus, do you really think I would share a million dollar idea on my blog for all my readers to see for free??!! Any smart business woman would say, helz no!