We were offered a complimentary stay at Albert at Bay Suites Hotel Ottawa. So, I took the opportunity to book the hotel for my husband’s 40th birthday. A big thank you to the teams at Albert at Bay and Occo Kitchen for making our stay extra special!
5 reasons to book Albert at Bay Suites Hotel Ottawa
Whether you’re in Ottawa for business or pleasure there are so many great reasons to stay alone or with your family.
- Large-size suites, with full kitchen, and eating space with private bathroom and bedroom.
- Conveniently located downtown, and easily accessible from the highway, Albert at Bay Suites offers the best of both worlds: close enough to be near the attractions, but far enough to have privacy and less noise.
- Occo cafe & kitchen is linked directly to the hotel, as well as a luxury size Quickie mart with everything your heart desires!
- The hotel offers secure indoor underground parking for $24.95 per night. The elevators go directly from the parking floors to the hotel room floors!
- If you are not taking your car, you can hop on the O-Train at Lyon station. A 2-minute walk to the station and a 5-minute train ride will get you to Rideau Centre in no time! Rideau centre also has a Farm Boy grocery store which can be a great option for longer stays.
Occo Kitchen on Albert
Occo Kitchen on Albert is conveniently located next to the Albert at Bay Suites Hotel. It’s an iconic establishment originally from Orleans offering flavourful food at exceptional prices. The service is amazingly friendly and attentive. Although this was a gifted experience, the staff did not know it at the time of service, which I appreciated.
The plates are very generous. Luckily our hotel had a fridge, so I took my leftovers to go and brought them home to my son 😉
We had dinner on Friday night and breakfast on Saturday morning. Adjacent to Occo Kitchen is “Occo Cafe” where you can grab a coffee, baked goods and food on-the-go. Sadly, we missed out on their ever-popular house-made doughnuts (sad face).
Pro tip- The place gets packed, so I recommend booking ahead of time and bring your appetite! It also can accommodate a large number of seats, perfect for big groups.
Photography provided by Kamara Morozuk .