I had the privilege of being on the Style Squad for RBC Bluesfest and capturing some of my favourite looks. Although only the first image (see below) was the only published photo on the RBC Bluesfest Instagram page and Ottawa Citizen I decide to share all my pics with you! Here is who I spotted!
Sometimes, I think I have a sixth sense when it comes to fashion. It calls me. “Hey Chantsy, something about that looks interesting… go see what it’s all about”. Every time I listen to that little voice, it guides me to beautiful things. This voice comes in handy when you are vintage or consignment shopping, antiquing and digging through the racks at Winners. I always anticipate my heart palpitations when I discover… “The find!!” It’s important to note that I also use this voice when I travel… it makes for stumbling upon amazing adventures!
Ok, back to Fashion Truck Canada (seen above). OMG! yes!!! Let me repeat that for you. This is a Fashion boutique, on a Truck, at a festival! Complete with a fitting room and cash! Again, let me repeat that, fashion comes to YOU. I had the pleasure of meeting and talking to the owner, Ashley Barber, who was gracious enough to talk to me about the truck and her Toronto-based business. She curates a lovely collection of women’s clothing that is suited for most body types, trendy styles, comfortable materials and most importantly, fair prices. She carries brands in likes of Free People, Quay, Seychelles and more. Her truck is famous for private shopping parties and events.
If you are going to RBC Bluesfest this week, visiting this truck is a must! It’s located on the North side of the Bell stage. You can’t get a better souvenir than this. Pick up a pair of sunnies, clutch or a gorgeous wide brim hat! Bonus- if you use your Master Card, they are offering a 10% discount!
Happy #FestivalFashion to all!
With the RBC Bluesfest creeping up, I thought I would put together three outfits that would best describe my Festival Fashion style.
I think we all have had our share of “trendy” accessory overload. In each styled outfit below, I proposed a light balance of classics paired with only a few focal points. You don’t want to look loud and overdone.
I don’t want to make this post too wordy, so please just enjoy the pics!
1- Light chambray dress, Love Bird floppy hat and Aldo platform mules.
2. White House of Harlow Sweater, bright floral pompom shorts, yellow MK thong sandals and sunnies.
I am happy to announce that I will be representing on the #StyleSquad at RBC Ottawa Bluesfest this year! We will be covering festival fashion for 6 days. If you see one of us, pose for the iphone and let them capture the moment. We will be sharing the best of the best on social media and Ottawa Newspapers.
Here is what you have to worry about:
- Get your RBC Bluesfest tickets early!
- Look up some Festival Fashion favourites and find your look! I discovered an awesome booth in the Byward market in front of the Keg with an excellent selection (see pic above)! Remember #supportlocal when you can.
- Follow the Ottawa RBC Bluesfest Insta, Twitter and Facebook accounts and watch for details.
- Get spotted by the Style Squad at RBC Bluesfest.
- Enter all the contests for a chance to win cool prizes.
- Take lots of pics at Bluesfest and use hashtags #RBCBluesfest2015, #RBCBluesfestFashion and #FollowMeBackstage.
- Visit the merch tent, buy a Bluesfest t’ and support local designer Kania who is behind all this magical clothes!
- TELL YOUR FRIENDS… obvi! Whether through Social Media channels or in person, don’t leave your friends behind!