In this video I share a few pet peeves about the plus size fashion industry, with a Canadian perspective, and I give some advice and solutions! Watch now!
Gone are the days of triangle bikini tops and speedo one-pieces. I’m not exactly sure what has happened to the bathing suit industry, but it seems we have beautiful, sexy, feminine options now more than ever for all different body types. You have flounce sleeves, over the shoulder tops, cutouts on the sides, high-necklines, high-waisted bikinis… so many flattering details that make the poolside or beach our new fashion playground. I can appreciate however, that finding a swimsuit for your body type can be quite the challenging assignment, which is why I put together some tips on how to select and buy a swimsuit both in-person and online!
I never thought I would be a fashion blogger. Really. Even though all the signs were there, it’s something I thought I sort of fell into or grew to become.
But the truth is, everything we do has a purpose or a reason in life. And, all our experiences help us get to the next step, whether it be in our career or personal lives.
Looking back, there are 5 telltale signs that I was destined to be a fashion blogger.
- I binge-watched shows like America’s Next Top Model and What Not to Wear. That was my fashion school.
- I had a diary that I wrote in almost every day. Man, I loved that thing!
- I used to collect fashion magazines and create collages for all my school binders!
- I was a shopaholic since I had my first job at 14 years old! I have bought everything I own for myself ever since.
- I was an overachiever in high school: I aced my classes, played sports, had a job after school and on weekend, went to army cadets once a week, babysat on weekends and partied like a rock star!