I won’t make you read the whole post, I’ll just tell you straight up: you will need ripped boyfriend jeans and fishnet stocking to nail this winter fashion trend.
#OttawaStyle Update: New shops and designer stores in Ottawa
It’s no surprise that the Ottawa Fashion scene is experiencing a renaissance like no other. Almost every mall is under construction with major renovations ahead. There is no need to cross the border; the US or Quebec’s for that matter. Ottawa shopping has changed, and so should your routine!
I pulled together a handful of new shops that have opened up, and some that will soon!
New stores in Ottawa to visit
- Designer Shoe Warehouse (DSW) in Trainyards. The one-destination for all your shoe shopping needs.
- Fifth Avenue OFF FIFTH at Tanger Outlets. A mini department store offering a mix of contemporary and high end brands… but at a fraction of the price!
- Hudson’s Bay next to the Rideau centre has done a massive overhaul. They have recently opened Ottawa’s first Topshop and Topman. This #LONDSTYLE inspired brand provides a nice variety of trendy pieces at a mid price range.
- Simons will be opening their second store in the area, inside Rideau Centre sometime this summer (August 2016)
- Ted Baker London in the Rideau Centre
New in Ottawa Plus-size fashion
- New Pennington’s outlet is now open at Billings Bridge. Lots of great sales and great finds!
- H&M will be launching an online store soon for Canada! This means you Ottawa gals can get your hands on H&M’s plus-size line, and you don’t have to shlep to Place d’Orleans to get it! Also, this means more sizes available at your fingertips! I will keep you gals posted of the progress, as there are no dates confirmed yet!
Ottawa Street Style: Vest Dressed
Ok, I have been holding on to this post in my drafts for almost 8 months. I have been desperately waiting to publish it, but I thought it would be cruel to do so in the winter. In anticipation of spring fashion, I am hitting send today! Yes, there is a snowstorm predicted for this afternoon, but I don’t care anymore. Let it be spring!
This was part of a series of photos that I did with Kristy Chapman Photography last summer. Enjoy!
In these pictures, I am wearing:
- Striped dress- The fifth purchased inside Fashion Truck Canada at Bluesfest last year
- White vest- Forever 21 + (see below for more options)
- Pre/owned- strappy Hilary Radley heels purchased at Clothes Encounters consignment shop
- Pre-owned/new- Gucci clutch (www.valamode.com luxury consignment)
- Prada Glasses (similar styles available at Merivale Optometric Centre)
- A-line watch
- Gold chain- Plato’s Closet in Barhaven