Dare I say it, I think I finally found a workout routine that works for me, my lifestyle, my capabilities and my interests. I completed my first 30-day challenge at The Dailey Method Ottawa and I hate myself for waiting so long to finally do it! I am 100% totally addicted and fear that I will lose all my hard work if I don’t join full time. I was asked to do the 30-day challenge, in exchange for my open and honest review. But since my 30 days are up tomorrow, I may sign up for their new client special – “All Access Unlimited Month $79”.
How The Dailey Method Changed my body
I haven’t lost a hundred pounds or anything, but my body is different. The muscles in my legs and glutes feel toned and strong, and they are stretched. I also survived the 30 days without any back injuries (insert miracle here)! Although my endometrial cysts are getting enormous and limit some movement in my core, my stomach feels strong and flattened… a feeling I’ve longed for in a while. My cardio levels are up due to all that intense cycling, actually, let’s just call it dancing! Coupled with better eating habits and maintaining 3 classes a week (1 cycle and 2 barre), I know I can keep up this amazing feeling and I can’t wait to continue on my journey to optimal health.
TOP 10 REASONS WHY I LOVE THE DAILEY METHOD
- The music! I am hugely motivated by tunes when I workout. The soundtrack to our workouts in both barre and cycle classes are designed to keep you moving! I also loved that they used my recommended songs!
- The app is life! For the first time, with a single swipe, I can commit to a class and pop it in my schedule without any excuses.
- The fashion– seriously, everyone looks amazing in their colourful tights, TDM tank tops and colourful no-slip socks. It motivates you to look your best.
- Low impact, high results. Barre class is probably the most challenging workout you will ever do, yet it’s so simplistic in nature. You barely break a sweat, but your body has been shaking for 60 minutes. There is NO workout that compares.
- They are obsessed with alignment… and so am I! When you’ve spent hundreds of dollars seeing a physio, a massage therapist and an osteopath for your lower back pain and pelvic floor therapy, the last thing you need is an exercise-induced injury. I love how all my breathing exercises and posture recommendations are reinforced in all the classes. It’s kept my back totally safe!
- Where everyone knows your name. I am terrible with names, but nothing makes me feel more special than someone calling out my name, especially in front of the class “Great posture, Chantal!” (Can you tell I was a teacher’s pet! haha). I truly commend all the staff for being super friendly and attentive.
- An inch is so much more than an inch. An inch in barre can make or break you. You’ll quickly develop a love-hate relationship with the words “up an inch, down an inch” … but you can thank them later, when you’re shaving your muscular legs in the shower.
- I thought I hated cycling until I tried the TDM classes. The stationary bikes are completely adjustable, you can also track and monitor your every move with the centre console. To top it all off, the bikes come equipped with shoes that clip right in the pedals for an optimal workout. Every class is also concluded with the best stretch of your life.
- Motivation! Whether it’s collecting stickers to track your progress during the 30 Day Challenge or getting an extra boost from your instructor, these guys have your back.
- The owners. Sarah and her husband Jamie are the sweetest couple you will ever meet. They opened the Dailey Method to build a community, and I think it’s safe to say they have!
What is the Dailey Method?
TDM is a group fitness class that is at the cutting edge of fitness research and acclaimed by tens of thousands of devoted TDMers across North America and Europe.
TDM safely, efficiently and effectively increases muscle length, strength tone, and balance, improves cardio strength, posture and motivation, sharpens your mind, reduces the risk of injury and chronic pain and helps you stay healthy, youthful, and active for a lifetime.
Specially designed unique and ever evolving low-impact classes (45-60 min done for as little 2-3 times per week) that incorporate the best benefits from multiple disciplines (yoga, Pilates, and orthopedic exercises), with hands-on training and education, and an intrinsic focus on alignment and strength all done in a safe, fun and energetic group environment.
Photography credit Kamara Morozuk.